Wednesday 20 May 2009

Changing Google Ad Link Colors

Wednesday 20 May 2009

When you post Google Ads on your website, you have the option of changing the colors of the ads to just about any color imaginable. The default for the Google Ads is typical Blue and Green which is pretty generic and you will see it on most ads.

If you know some basic HTML you can find the Hexidecimal RGB code for almost any color, to match the theme of your website. This way the ads can tend to blend in a little more, and it will seem visually pleasing. If you are not sure of the color codes, you can do a simple web search for RGB color codes.

You should experiement with different colors in your ads over a course in time. A month is a reasonable amount of time to make an honest evaulation. After a month, if you are not seeing the results you want, make a color change and then monitor it to see if your click % changes or not. This is something you should try and evaluate on possibly even a bi-weekly basis until you start to see your desired results.

Recently, I went through a couple of weeks where I was seeing very high numbers in traffic, but extremely low numbers in converting that traffic to clicks. My numbers were about 1%, and in some cases less than 1%. Right after that, as my numbers started to decrease in traffic, I decide to change the color format of my ads to the Candy Cane theme that Google has as one of their defaults. After that change, I saw my percentages change from 1% to somewhere between 2-3%. That small change seemed to make my ads pop a lot more, and into more clicks. So my advice to you is to experiement with your colors to make your ads stand out, and not necessarily colors that let the ads "blend in".

Best of luck. If you found this ad helpful, drop me a comment, or stop back often. Thanks.

http://www.dansmuaythaimma.com - Traveling The World Training Martial Arts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
MAKE MONEY ONLINE WITH AFFILIATE MARKETING ! © 2008. Template by BloggerBuster.